Progressive Ashtanga Yoga Teacher Training! REGISTER HERE!
We are so happy to host David again! This is his fourth visit to our yoga school, returning with more amazing yoga knowledge to share. This time offering up a 12-day Progressive Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga Teacher Training.
For those brand new to yoga asana, as well as the seasoned practitioner looking for a breath of fresh air and inspiration. Students will develop an understanding of Ashtanga Yoga through the lens of David’s Progressive Ashtanga Vinyasa system, and learn to embody and teach Progressive Ashtanga’s “Modified Primary Series’ complete with Surya Namaskara A + B, fundamental standing asanas, fundamental seated asanas, backward bending & twisting ‘therapeutics’, and closing series & meditation.
Two daily classes. Mysore-style Ashtanga Yoga in it’s classical sense in the morning, as well as daily guided 60-90 minute “modified primary series” to close…and perhaps even a little Rocket here and there. Jai!
Daily curriculum will include Yoga Sutras and philosophy, mantra, kriyas, theory, lecture, and lifestyle storytelling. Plus, in person, one-on-one mentorship regarding personal practice and “sharing/teaching the practice” with David and Progressive Ashtanga teachers Patrick McCleaf and Gil Perez.
Includes Mysore tuition at Yoga East Austin through January 31 to help trainees continue mentorship with Patrick and Gil after the conclusion of their 100 Hour training. 100 Hours can be added to Progressive Ashtanga Yoga’s 200, 300, and 500 hour programs
6:00am – 7:30pm: Opening Practice
7:30am – 9:00am: Lecture
9:00am – 10:30am: Breakfast Break
10:30am – 12:00pm: Lecture/Posture Clinics
12:00pm – 1:30pm: Closing Practice
Space will be limited to 18 students, 7 feet apart.
$1,649 before October 31 (and for Progressive Ashtanga Rocket Yoga teachers)
$1,799 after October 31
David’s teachings are centered in his personal experiences with yoga through practice and through the gift of great teachers who have kindly shared the right information at the right time! One of these teachers who he learned directly from for many years is his teacher Larry Schultz. David is the highest trained student by Larry Schultz with the only 500 E-RYT given from direct study with Larry.
David is also trained in Traditional Ashtanga Yoga which he learned through the Pattabhi Jois lineage with a few classes from Pattabhi himself and other western senior teachers. David’s teachings encourages students to find their inner teacher and walk a path that encourages happiness and ease.
David and his wife Elizabeth are also owners of Ashtanga Yoga Puerto Rico and founders of the Progressive Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga in Puerto Rico. David’s teaching style is easy going and carries a strong physical foundation with a philosophical approach to Ashtanga Yoga. Specific detail to breath and movement coordination is always a main focus in David’s classes, which provides a sense of safety and control for the practitioner.
Rocket Yoga Intensive & Teachers’ Weekend! REGISTER HERE!
Missed us in September? We are doing it again! 50 Hour Practice Intensive PLUS 20 Hour Teachers’ Weekend.
David will teach his last 50 Hour Intensive in the USA for new students & teachers, PLUS, offer up a 3-day Level 2 training for Rocket Yoga teachers with 100+ hours. As always, we integrate a two hour lunch break into each day, giving you a chance to explore all the sites and food Austin has to offer!
8:00am – 10:00am: Opening Practice
10:00am – 12:00pm: Lecture
12:00pm – 2:00pm: Breakfast Break
2:00pm – 4:00pm: Lecture/Posture Clinics
4:00pm – 6:00pm: Closing Practice
Level 1, Practice Intensive: March 22-26
- For students interested in becoming Rocket Yoga teachers, or have completed 50 Hours and are seeking to complete 100 Hour Level 1 Teacher Certification
- This will be David’s FINAL Practice Intensive he offers in the USA
- Requirement: No experience necessary or 50 Hours completed with David or other Rocket yoga teachers
- Pricing: $949 or $849 before December 31, 2020 (or for Rocket Yoga teachers)
Level 2, Teachers’ Weekend (100+ Hours): March 26-28
- This training weekend is for Rocket yoga teachers seeking 300 Hour Level 2 Certification
- One day overlap with 50 Hour Intensive, when David will spend the day teaching proper adjustments & assists with the mix of new and experienced teachers together
- Includes 1-on-1 evaluation with David and other seasoned Rocket yoga teachers
- Requirement: 100 Hours completed with David or other Rocket yoga teachers
- Pricing: $499 or $449 before December 31, 2020 (or for Rocket Yoga teachers)
Levels 1 & 2: March 22-28
- Available for teachers that have completed at least 50 hours with David or other Rocket Yoga teachers
- Pricing: $1349 or $1199 before December 31, 2020 (or for Rocket Yoga teachers)