Progressive Ashtanga Yoga Teacher Training! REGISTER HERE!
For those brand new to yoga asana, as well as the seasoned practitioner looking for a breath of fresh air and inspiration, this practice intensive will view Ashtanga Vinyasa yoga through traditional and non-traditional lenses. It is for anyone looking to develop a personal practice, or amplify their existing yoga practice.
Students will develop an understanding of Ashtanga Yoga through the lens of David’s Progressive Ashtanga Vinyasa system, and learn to embody and teach Progressive Ashtanga’s “Modified Primary Series’ complete with Surya Namaskara A + B, fundamental standing asanas, fundamental seated asanas, backward bending & twisting ‘therapeutics’, and closing series & meditation.
Two daily classes. Mysore-style Ashtanga Yoga in it’s classical sense in the morning, as well as daily guided 60-90 minute “modified primary series” to close…and even a little Rocket yoga here and there. Jai!
Daily curriculum will include Yoga Sutras and philosophy, mantra, kriyas, theory, lecture, and lifestyle storytelling. Plus, in person, one-on-one mentorship regarding personal practice and “sharing/teaching the practice” with Patrick, Sara Gruss, and other Yoga East Austin Progressive Ashtanga teachers.
In This Course, Students Will:
Learn to practice and teach counted sequence of Ashtanga vinyasa yoga, including Sanskrit names and numbers
Explore a posture by posture breakdown of primary series, including assists and adjustments
Gain an introduction to Rocket Yoga, pranayama, and Nauli Kriya
Study history and theory of Ashtanga yoga and Hatha yoga
Read and discuss Yoga Sutras and other texts
Review and expand upon basic anatomy and physiology in yoga
Includes Mysore, Led Ashtanga. and Rocket yoga tuition at Yoga East Austin through July 31 to help trainees continue mentorship with Patrick at the conclusion of their 50 Hour training. 50 Hours can be added to Progressive Ashtanga Yoga’s 200, 300, and 500 hour programs
6:00am – 7:30am: Opening Practice
7:30am – 9:00am: Lecture
9:00am – 10:30am: Breakfast Break
10:30am – 12:00pm: Lecture/Posture Clinics
12:00pm – 1:30pm: Closing Practice
Space will be limited to 12 students, 8 feet apart.
$749 before April 19 (and for Progressive Ashtanga Rocket Yoga teachers)
$849 after April 19
PLUS – Save $100 when you refer a friend
About Patrick & Sara
Patrick McCleaf and Sara “Bear” Gruss have been practicing and teaching Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga for over 15 years of combined experience. They’ve been blessed to learn from teachers such as David Kyle, Faith Simecca, Marie-Belle Perez Rivera, Claudia Paredez, David Robson, David Keil, Kino McGregor, Tim Feldman, Dharma Mittra, and a litany of other teachers and practitioners.
While they share a similar practice, their varied perspectives and applications vary, providing students with a well rounded and holistic experience to Ashtanga Yoga. Their knowledge and application of Ashtanga yoga is both “Traditional” and “Progressive”. In their approach, students will learn and refine the rules to go beyond them.
Rocket Yoga Intensive & Teachers’ Weekend! REGISTER HERE!
Missed us in September? We are doing it again! 50 Hour Practice Intensive PLUS 20 Hour Teachers’ Weekend.
David will teach his last 50 Hour Intensive in the USA for new students & teachers, PLUS, offer up a 3-day Level 2 training for Rocket Yoga teachers with 100+ hours. As always, we integrate a two hour lunch break into each day, giving you a chance to explore all the sites and food Austin has to offer!
8:00am – 10:00am: Opening Practice
10:00am – 12:00pm: Lecture
12:00pm – 2:00pm: Breakfast Break
2:00pm – 4:00pm: Lecture/Posture Clinics
4:00pm – 6:00pm: Closing Practice
Level 1, Practice Intensive: March 22-26
- For students interested in becoming Rocket Yoga teachers, or have completed 50 Hours and are seeking to complete 100 Hour Level 1 Teacher Certification
- This will be David’s FINAL Practice Intensive he offers in the USA
- Requirement: No experience necessary or 50 Hours completed with David or other Rocket yoga teachers
- Pricing: $949 or $849 before December 31, 2020 (or for Rocket Yoga teachers)
Level 2, Teachers’ Weekend (100+ Hours): March 26-28
- This training weekend is for Rocket yoga teachers seeking 300 Hour Level 2 Certification
- One day overlap with 50 Hour Intensive, when David will spend the day teaching proper adjustments & assists with the mix of new and experienced teachers together
- Includes 1-on-1 evaluation with David and other seasoned Rocket yoga teachers
- Requirement: 100 Hours completed with David or other Rocket yoga teachers
- Pricing: $499 or $449 before December 31, 2020 (or for Rocket Yoga teachers)
Levels 1 & 2: March 22-28
- Available for teachers that have completed at least 50 hours with David or other Rocket Yoga teachers
- Pricing: $1349 or $1199 before December 31, 2020 (or for Rocket Yoga teachers)