The Wim Hof Method – Breathwork & Cold Plunge
with Elee, Level 3, Wim Hof Certified Instructor
Saturday, June 10, 2:30-6:30p
Who is Wim Hof?
A yogi and extreme athlete, Wim holds over 20 Guinness World Records for extreme feats that include running up Mount Everest in nothing but a pair of shorts and swimming 66 meters under solid ice. Creator of the Wim Hof Method.
The Wim Hof Method
Consists of three pillars: Deep Breathing, Cold Exposure, Commitment
The fundamental breathing practice is to inhale as deep as you can through your nose and exhale through your mouth. Complete 3 rounds of 30 breaths with breath holds between each round. The cold exposure training consists of cold showers and ice baths. Commitment is to do these practices on a regular basis to reap all of the benefits. Some of the benefits include:
Strengthens Immune System
Stimulate Vegas Nerve Enhance Recovery
Outline for the Day
- Brief introductions, check-in, how’s everyone feeling?
- 1st round of breathing, how’s everyone feeling now?
- Science behind the power of breathwork and cold exposure.
- 2nd round of breathing, picking it up a notch, or two!
- Wim Hof inspired yoga, connecting your movement to your breath in empowering ways.
- 3rd round of breathing, picking it up a notch, or three!
- Ice Baths! Transition from Sympathetic to Para-Sympathetic Nervous System.
Provide some of the science behind the Wim Hof Method, how and why it works. Give you an opportunity to experience how it feels in your body. Educate you on how to continue your own practice if you choose to do so. “Feeling is understanding” – Wim Hof